Wednesday 1 September 2010

my catch22 experence

 Page 115, red riding by david black. I was flowing in the dramatic fiction a good crime fiction novel brings when i was suddenly interrupted by my ringing mobile phone. The high pitched ringing startled the socks out of me as my little niece had been fiddling with my phone and somehow had set the ringing tone to its loudest volume .

 "Hello" i said after pressing the answer button quickly to stop the menacing loud ring. "Hi its Lisa from catch22" the voice on the receiver said. "Just phoning to inform you. You"ve been accepted on the journalism course and we should be expectIng you in on thursday for 2pm for  a brief interview".
Delighted with the news i thanked her for the news and proceeded on line to have a look on their website.I could"nt have asked for any better news apart from maybe winning the lottery!
As a writer i had seized the opportunity to pursue a career in journalism with the academy as a medium to enhance my creative abilities. Although i was skeptical about securing a place with the academy due to the fact i did not have any journalistic experiences apart from writing screenplays and short stories over the years, but on receiving the call that fateful afternoon i was over the moon and saw myself closer to propelling my ambitions as a writer and possibly a film and technology journalist.
  The feeling that morning was one of excitement and a slight nervousness as well. The day began rather cloudy. Like a child on his first day to school, i grabbed my rucksack and a mini-packlunch  and began to make my way towards what seemed to me at that time the most important place to be in the world. As i walked into the building of the Bernie Grants centre where the academy held its lectures, i recollected i had been here previously for singing classes but was totally unaware i would be revisiting this location again for a different purpose.  As i walked through the hallways, the mood was one of calm that created an atmosphere for learning.

The events that followed was an introduction to my course co-ordinators and and a brief outline of my course prospects, work times and general information relevant for the course. My class consisted of a group of youths ranging from 18-30. I found the meeting educative and inspiring and the feeling that i was on the right course towards developing my art.
 Since then, the experience with Catch22, the magazine and the people i have met has been a fulfilling experience. It has broadened my intellect in the world of journalism and provided me with on-hand information needed not just to succeed in a career in journalism, but in any field of one"s endeavours or pursuits.  
I have since been able to find and develop news stories, form news pegs, and develop journalistic views on world events.          


P.Diddy feat. Lenny Kravitz, Pharrell &
Uploaded by Dante35. - See the latest featured music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment